Monday, February 20, 2012

Is The Housing Crisis Over?

I read an article this morning that highlighted the many times over the previous few years economists have predicted the housing turnaround.

Is the housing crisis over in Brevard County, Florida?

Let me see..
  • Our residential housing inventory has dropped significantly over the years (now 3,020 vs. about 10,000 at the peak).
  • Average sales prices have dropped and continue to drop although not as rapidly.
  • Interest rates are low and have been for some time. 
  • The space shuttle program ended killing a lot of jobs. 
  • Sales volume has been steady although not booming.
  • Most of my listings have been/are short sales
  • Most of my contracts have been/are short sales
 I have yet to close a deal in February 2012 yet - so the crisis is not over yet. 
When you are ready to buy or sell a house or condo in Brevard County Florida, call me especially the areas of Viera, Suntree and Rockledge.