Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Tearing Down new construction….

Sitting here in my home office I have the TV on CNBC in the background. I just caught the tail end of a plug for a later segment on builders tearing down new construction.

I will try to catch the story but on the surface that sounds pretty strange – almost as if the government had gotten in the construction business as well.

I hope my ears were failing me!

I caught the remainder of the story and still do not what to think about it. It seems that there are some bank owned properties in Texas and the lender has decided that it is best to tear them down rather than face the fines and liabilities.

I realize that many of these abandoned new construction properties have been vandalized and stripped of items that can be carried away. I realize that many of the properties end up with squatter occupants.

However, it is a really bold step.

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockedege Florida where there is new construction in Viera and Rockledge available and not being torn down!