When the market went "south" five or six years ago many left the profession for other jobs. Now that the market is back those "experienced" agents are returning. Likewise the real estate schools are bustling with increased enrollments.
My advice to those seeking to hire an experienced real estate agent in 2014 is to delve deeply into the experience component. I read an article yesterday that indicated most sellers are now interviewing an average of three agents before selecting a real estate agent to work with them.
So what are some of the important areas to ask a real estate agent before hiring them? [Even though the seller usually pays the buyer's agent, as a buyer you are still hiring them!]
- when (recent experience is key),
- what type(s) of transaction (buyer, seller, short sale, foreclosure, condo, etc.),
- how many,
- who (ask for references and call a couple)),
- where (remember, it is all about local).
So what are some of my "other prognostications?"
- Interest Rates: Likely not lower but how much higher?
- Home Prices: Likely not lower but how much higher?
If you are considering selling your Viera, Florida or being a first time buyer in 2014 then the time to start preparing is now. Call me to discuss the preparations necessary whether buying or selling in 2014!
Image courtesy of digitalart at FreeDigitalPhotos.net