Sunday, May 11, 2008

Top 10 Things Your Real Estate Agent Should Not Say

OK, this is probably - no, it is, written tongue-in-cheek. When you are looking to "hire" a real state agent to sell your home, be cautious if you here these words of "wisdom(?)".

  1. You want to list your house at that price? That is way too low for this market!
  2. Don't worry about the yard...buyers only want to see what is inside!
  3. For you I will reduce my real estate commission
  4. Advertise on the Internet? Why? I only advertise in newspapers.
  5. Oh, a sign out front is really all we need.
  6. I only return calls in the evening.
  7. I don't work weekends.
  8. Staging a home in this market is not really required.
  9. A lockbox is not required. We can have all showings scheduled when you can be home!
  10. I will try....

What do I say? For a further explanation of these responses, please feel free to contact me.

  1. Price it right;
  2. Enhance the curb appeal;
  3. This is my living;
  4. Most clients come from Internet promotion. Newspaper ads are nice for open houses;
  5. A sign out front is only the first step;
  6. I return calls at my earliest convenience - several times a day;
  7. I work every weekend;
  8. Staging is critical;
  9. Ease of showing is a critical marketing step;I do what I say.
  10. I do. If I can't do more than "will try" then I don't take on the task!

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Melbourne, Florida. Email me at agent@moving2brevard.com or contact me by phone at 321-255-2600.

Please read my other blogs at www.activerain.com/blogs/gwatersc21 and www.moving2brevard.blogspot.com

No comments: