OK, this is probably - no, it is, written tongue-in-cheek. When you are looking to "hire" a real state agent to sell your home, be cautious if you here these words of "wisdom(?)".
- You want to list your house at that price? That is way too low for this market!
- Don't worry about the yard...buyers only want to see what is inside!
- For you I will reduce my real estate commission
- Advertise on the Internet? Why? I only advertise in newspapers.
- Oh, a sign out front is really all we need.
- I only return calls in the evening.
- I don't work weekends.
- Staging a home in this market is not really required.
- A lockbox is not required. We can have all showings scheduled when you can be home!
- I will try....
What do I say? For a further explanation of these responses, please feel free to contact me.
- Price it right;
- Enhance the curb appeal;
- This is my living;
- Most clients come from Internet promotion. Newspaper ads are nice for open houses;
- A sign out front is only the first step;
- I return calls at my earliest convenience - several times a day;
- I work every weekend;
- Staging is critical;
- Ease of showing is a critical marketing step;I do what I say.
- I do. If I can't do more than "will try" then I don't take on the task!
Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Melbourne, Florida. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me by phone at 321-255-2600.