Saturday, November 8, 2014

Home Seller Tips: Why did the seller call the buyer's agent?

This is not one of those "Why did the chicken cross the street?" jokes.  Why did the seller call the buyer's agent?  The answer can be one of several mentioned later. 

But first I will cover the purpose of the seller's call.   The owner had to identify himself several times before I remembered the property he was calling about.  My business card had been left on the counter when I showed his home a few days ago.  He wanted to know what my buyer thought about his house.

This is commonly called feedback.   It is usually provided by a buyer's agent upon request of the seller's real estate agent.  Sellers rarely call the buyer's real estate agent.

Still I understand why sellers are curious about what "they" are saying after every showing of their house or condo.  It is only natural curiosity.
  1. Did it show well?
  2. Is it priced right?
  3. Is it a consideration?
  4. Will they be submitting an offer?
  5. Will they need to see it again?
  6. How does it compare to the competition?
In this case I had to think of the few good points.   I had to sugarcoat the remainder of my thoughts and only added a concern about the busy traffic.  I did not go forward with comments about the awful paint colors, amateur job of enclosing a porch, and a few other things.  Suffice it to say my buyer was not impressed.

Many times the feedback received by a real estate agent is a pretty generic "showed well, not what we were looking for....yadda yadda yadda."  This type of feedback really is useless.

By the way, the best type of feedback is an offer to purchase!

So why did the seller call the buyer's agent?

It could be they are really anxious and need to sell.  It could be their real estate agent is not providing the communication and follow up they expect.  It could be they are serious about addressing any negative issues about the presentation and need to know what to work on next.  It could be a combination of all of the above.

If you are selling your home and have questions and concerns, call your real estate agent first.  After all, you are paying them.  They work for you.

Considering selling your Viera, Florida home?  Call me at 321-693-3850 or send me an email for your free market analysis.

agent@moving2brevard.com

Image courtesy of Mister GC at FreeDigitalPhotos.net