Thursday, April 30, 2015

Home Buyer Tips: Are You Buying a House or Just Browsing?

Let me say it up front - no one, including this real estate agent, likes pushy sales people asking all sorts of intrusive questions! 

But sometimes the questions are necessary.

I don't buy a new car very often but when I do I start out the same way.  Research on the Internet and then walk onto the car lot.  And when approached by that car sales person I always say the same thing...just browsing.

My wife and I purchased some furniture last weekend.  We went through six furniture stores in the Melbourne, Florida area over a couple of days.   Six stores and six sales people.

I told some of them we were just looking to see what they have in stock.  I even told one that I did not know what we looking for!  They all left me alone to browse and leave. 

Except the last who let us browse but also asked questions which led to the ultimate purchase.  No, I did not really want to reveal too much information...you know how pushy sale people are!

But, in the end, it was necessary to get my questions answered and make the purchase decision. 

Which brings me to your real estate agent and those darn questions.

When you contact a real estate agent as a prospective buyer you will be subjected to questions

These questions are necessary to determine your goals.  They are necessary to determine your budget.  They are necessary to understand your circumstances and how best to guide you to your goal.

You may think they are intrusive although trust me when I say they are well intentioned.  You may be a little uncomfortable in the beginning but, in the end, the relationship you develop with your agent will be necessary to achieve your object.

Ready to buy a home in Viera, Florida?  Please give me a call at 321-693-3850 or send me an email.   Have a question about the local Brevard County, Florida real estate market, please ask. 

Questions your Realtor may ask
First Time Home Buyer Questions and Answers
Two Questions That Must Be Answered Before Looking at Homes
Why do real estate agents ask so many questions?

And if your goal is to just browse attend a few open houses this weekend.  Find something of interest, give me a call!


Image courtesy of jackthumm at FreeDigitalPhotos.net