Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Homes For Sale in Rockledge, Florida - Open House Saturday May 7, 2016

I held an open house last Saturday at my listing in Rockledge, Florida.  It has been quite a while since I put the time into an open house.  And it has not changed after all these years.

I love the chance to meet people and tell them about the market and my listings.

Besides, you never know who will show up at any particular open house- maybe even a buyer!  

You almost always have some people who need some filler for their afternoon schedule.  They have no interest in buying but just want to see what is out there.  I think the car sales people call them tire kickers!

Sometimes you will have a Negative Nelly in the crowd who is quick to offer criticism about almost everything. 

In some cases there are the nosy neighbors although my most recent experience lacked any neighbors.  I have found through the years the neighbors can help a person sell their home or hinder the process.

Of course HGTV and other similar channels have done amazing things in educating the casual home shopper!   They are looking under sinks, opening electrical panels, discussing removing walls and the like.  Wow!

When you combine the TV programs with the mega real estate web sites there is an almost educated pool of prospective buyers.  In a market with rising prices, these mega websites are more wrong than ever (in my opinion).   Relying on some automated computer algorithm located some place across the country using less than current information to determine what the market is here in Florida today is asking to be ill informed!  Call a local real estate agent.  If you have one, tell the agent hosting the open house.

Finally,  there are serious prospective buyers who stop by open houses.   They may not buy this house but they are serious about assessing what is for sale and if it is a possibility.

So I will be holding another open house at 897 Brunswick Lane in Rockledge, Florida on Saturday May 7, 2016 from 11:00 a.m. to about 3:00 p.m.   
For information on homes for sale in Rockledge, Florida, call or text me at 321-693-3850. 

agent@moving2brevard.com