Thursday, January 7, 2010

If I could read your mind…

I almost titled this short article “How come we have not found that perfect house yet?”

As a real estate agent in Brevard County Florida I have enjoyed working with lots of buyers and sellers. Some buyers find the perfect house in a couple of says while others can take months.

Sometimes the delay is the buyer really has no clue what they want to buy or if they really want to purchase a house in Brevard County, Florida!

Looking for a new home to purchase is (or should be) an exciting process.

Once you have gone through the mortgage pre-approval process, considered the benefits of home ownership, even the first time home buyer tax benefits, and selected your agent, you are ready!

A major key to the purchase process is separating your "wants," "nice to have" and "can’t have" characteristics in your ideal house. These may involve which schools, house size, age, bedrooms, commuting distance, price,new construction or existing, etc.

As a real estate agent I have found that the more questions I ask, the better. The key is knowing what a house must have and what it can't have...the rest is easy as pie!

Then finding the right properties to narrow your selection is your real estate agent's challenge!

But since I can't read minds, you will have to tell me your requirements!

So, as you prepare to search fro a house in Brevard county, Florida, think about what you need and what you do not want...and call me!

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Bucci Realty, Rockledge, Florida. Call me at 321-693-3850 or email me at agent@moving2brevard.com.