Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Real Estate Game - Win Big, Lose Big!

I did not even realize it was a game! I am speaking of the "real estate game."

I read something this afternoon about how folks need to understand the real estate game. It struck me a couple of different ways.

As a real estate agent in Brevard County, Florida I have seen (and been in) the rat race they called the real estate market six years ago. Everyone was getting in and making money. I saw folks flipping houses and investing the proceeds into the next property. This continued and continued.

Then the end came and they were left busted! Sort of like playing poker and winning and letting it ride. Until bust.

In the end it is market knowledge and discipline that determines success.

There are several real estate investment clubs around here and I have been to a few of their meetings as a guest. One thing these guys and ladies have in common - they are not playing with there life savings or primary residence. And, more importantly, they understand the limits and treat it as a business.

In Brevard County, Florida the prices have dropped considerably over the past several years. Short sale and foreclosure/REO properties provide lots of opportunity for those who understand the market and the limits of the return the present environment offers.

If you are interested in investment properties in Brevard County, Florida, let me know. I would be happy to provide you with listings and information on residential, condos or commercial properties for sale in Brevard County.

I do not proclaim myself to be an expert but I will share my knowledge and refer you to an expert!


Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Bucci Realty, Rockledge, Florida working exclusively with Century 21 Baytree Realty putting buyers and sellers together in Brevard County, Florida.

Read my blog Florida Homes for Sale for additional information on the Brevard County Florida real estate market.