Friday, January 29, 2010

If You are Selling Your House, You Don't Want It to be a "Throwback!"

The 1960s and 70s were great - I think! The music was anti-establishment. Heck, guys even wore long hair! If you want to relive the 60s there are CD collections available at bargain prices!

I even noticed that Pepsi has a limited time product they are throwback editions of their Pepsi and Mountain Dew products. They really do bring back some memories of my childhood.

Major League Baseball, as well as the National Football League, have showcased throwback jerseys and uniforms recently as well.

What is the definition of "throwback?" One online dictionary puts it this way - "suggestive of or suited to an earlier time or style". These throwback products are featured for a limited time only. And they do rekindle memories for those of us who have a couple of years behind us but...
if you are selling your house you do not want it to be a "throwback!"
I have seen several houses in my time in real estate that were what I would consider "throwback" as well. Unlike a Pepsi, your prospective buyers are looking for something that shows modern, well maintained and is not reminiscent of a bygone era.

So, even if your house was built in the 1960s, take some steps to stage it appropriate for today. You may need to take down some things, replace a couple of harvest gold appliances, maybe even take out that shag carpet, but in the end you want your house to sell for the most money possible!

If you are considering selling your Brevard County house, the effort you put in getting it ready for the market may very well be the thing that gets it sold....

Contact me if I can help you marketing your house or condo or searching for the next one! Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Bucci Realty, Rockledge Florida working exclusively with the Realtors of Century 21 Baytree Realty. Email me at agent@moving2brevard.com or call me directly at 321-693-3850.

Read my blog Florida Homes for Sale.