Friday, January 30, 2009

Taking the long view....

I was reading an interesting article on the Internet yesterday. It was an author's lamentations about how bad the real estate market is...oh, woeful was it! Then I was talking to a potential seller last night who had an entirely opposite view.

He believes this is the best time to sell his Brevard County Florida home. His reasoning was that his new home which would have cost a few hundred thousand a couple for years ago can now be purchased for a hundred thousand less!

His numbers may be very rough estimates but his reasoning is quite logical. Of course if he "goes after" a short sale or REO (bank owned) property, his savings may be greater.
Yes, he may not get as much for his house now but, by taking the long term view, he will be moving up to a bigger house at a smaller price!

As a real estate agent in the Viera and Suntree (north Melbourne) areas of Florida's Space Coast, I do like his reasoning!

This is a good time to sell and buy in Brevard County Florida!

Please read my other blogs at www.moving2brevard.blogspot.com and www.activerain.com/blogs/gwatersc21 . If I can assist you in any way, drop me an email to agent@moving2brevard.com or call me directly at 321-693-3850.

Gary Waters, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida.