Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father’s Day – Every Day!

Today is Father’s Day. I posted an article yesterday titled “Father’s Day: #2 is #1”.

My father passed away 29 years ago. I became a father 25 years ago. My father was a hard working man. My son is a hard working man (police officer).

My father-in-law passed away about 19 years ago. He was a good man. He was a kind man. We enjoyed playing golf together, having a beer, eating barbecue…”repairing” something around the house. We had some good times.

A friend of mine passed away about a week ago. Today will be his daughter’s first Father’s Day without him. I know she will miss him – even if it is only a phone call!

We are fortunate when we have a good man to go to when we have problems and need advice. We are fortunate to have the great example. If you are a father, take the role seriously as it is an important role.

Enjoy this day!

As for me, I will be working today because that is what I must do to provide for my family. After all, that is what a good father does!

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida. Call me if you are a buyer or seller in the Brevard County areas of Viera, Suntree, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach and Rockledge!