Thursday, June 25, 2009

Feedback – Helping the Sellers

I looked up the definition of feedback to make sure I was using the right term. The definition from The Free Dictionary was “the return of information about the result of a process or activity; an evaluative response.”

In real estate we always ask buyer’s agents to give us an evaluative response. Very rarely do we receive feedback. When we do, it is usually non-definitive, generic with no real evaluative information.

Just yesterday I received a response that said “no issues, buyers want more square footage.” Now I appreciate when my listings get shown to prospective buyers. After all, that is the way the system works!

However, this listing is owner occupied. This seller works at night and modifies their schedule to accommodate prospects. Why would you show a house that was too small for your buyers?

Just wondering. Feedback is good. Even bad feedback (constructive, not mean spirited) is good.

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty. Contact me for your Viera, Suntree and Rockledge, Florida residential real estate needs.