Saturday, July 4, 2009

Sometimes I can not deliver....

I did not get a listing this week and although I am disappointed I am not too disappointed. You see, when I go to your house for a listing presentation I am also interviewing you!

Sometimes I just don't get that feeling of "yes, let's sell it!" Sometimes I get an uneasiness that tells me either I ate something bad for lunch or that something is not right.

Sometimes it is because you greet me with a resounding lambasting of your last real estate agent. I know you withdrew your listing at its expiration. I know that your house was way overpriced. A clue to overpricing - no activity. When a listing is new it generates the most activity.

Sometimes it is because I can not deliver the marketing strategy that you require. It is best to not take a listing than to fail to deliver!

Being a buyer or seller agent is a relationship that requires communication, teamwork and flexibility. Sometimes it just isn't meant to be but that does not mean I wish you anything but the best...

Good luck and if I have a buyer that is a good fit, I will bring them by!

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida, representing buyers and sellers in the Brevard County, Florida real estate market.

Please read my blogs www.brevard-homes-for-sale.com and www.gwatersc21.activerain.com.