Thursday, July 2, 2009

Is a home warranty worth it?

First of all, in this buyer’s market there is very little no risk for the buyer because an agent would be remiss to not request the seller provide a home warranty!

Home warranties are not that expensive. They may not provide 100% bumper-to-bumper coverage but they do offer some comfort.

As a buyer you should have must have a home inspection conducted by a competent home inspection company. Upon getting a clean bill of health then you need to insist on a home warranty.

As nice as your new home may be, none of us have a crystal ball!

While most home warranties do not cover pre-existing conditions, you should have protection for future events. I had a home warranty when I purchased my current home. It came in handy when the roof leaked!

[Wish I had one when my AC went out yesterday. New AC on its way for about $4,000!]

Buy a home with me as your buyer’s agent I will include a home warranty at closing. Of course I will try to get the seller to pay for it first!

Gary Waters, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida, serving buyers and sellers in Brevard County, Florida.

Read my blogs at: