Friday, April 15, 2016

Home Buyer Tips: Reliable Resources "Usually Not Found at the Hotel"

Just this week I was showing a home to some folks moving to Florida from New York.  As we were finishing the viewing I asked for feedback.  The husband remarked the home was priced too high

It is not an infrequent comment I hear from buyers.  On the other side of the transaction  it is not infrequent to hear sellers say the opposite.

I wanted to know his frame of reference abut the pricing.  His response to my inquiry was it because he had been talking to some people at the hotel.

Not sure the qualifications of these folks but I have a feeling they were not in the business. 

This reminds of folks who turn to the mega websites like #Zillow for their home's estimate of value.    They are depending on a resource that has zero local knowledge.


In early 2016 homes have been selling for about 95% of the list price in Brevard County, Florida.  The particular home I had showed my buyer was right in the middle of the comparable properties.

Sure there was probably a bit of negotiation room but "high" was not how the price should have been characterized.

If you are buying a home in Viera, Florida, call a local real estate agent who knows the neighborhood!    

Real estate is local...but not usually just anyone at the local hotel!"

Call or text me at 321-693-3850.  If you prefer....


agent@moving2brevard.com