When deciding to purchase a a new home, after all the preliminary work has been done like mortgage pre-approval and selecting your real estate agent, you have to narrow your needs and wants.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Which neighborhoods?
- Homeowner association restrictions or freedom to do as you please.
- Desired school(s). Think long term as your child may be going from elementary to middle, etc in a year or two!
- One or two story?
- Private pool, community pool or no pool?
- New construction or older?
- Pet considerations like yard size (and the ability to have a fence).
- Commuting distance to work or schools.
- Proximity to medical facilities.
- Construction such as frame or concrete block.
- Tax rates and insurance costs.
This is not an all inclusive list but rather a starting point get you thinking.
Price was left off because the first step is taking care of the mortgage pre-approval which should have already identified your maximum budget.
If you have any questions regarding the Brevard County Florida real estate market, please let me know. If I can assist in any way – just holler!
Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Bucci Realty, Rockledge, Florida working on an exclusive consulting basis with Century 21 Baytree Realty.
Read my blog Florida Homes for Sale