As a seller you expect folks to enter your home and look around. Sometimes you even expect that they will want to see it again, possibly later the same day. (This is a good thing!)
In the past I have cautioned my sellers to expect some things to happen and do some things to prevent some from happening.
Among these items:
- Do not let anyone into your house without a confirmed appointment. If they knock on the door and you have not been notified of a showing – DO NOT LET ANYONE IN YOUR HOUSE!
- Hide or remove any easily stolen items such as jewelry, laptops, cameras, money. You do not know the persons entering your castle!
- If you have personal firearms, lock them in a cabinet or store offsite. No explanation needed here!
- People will fail to show for appointments. Emergencies do happen. Buyers find houses before they see your house. Most agents will call to cancel but sometimes one fails to do so.
- As a seller you can ask questions of prospective buyers – I can’t. However I always prefer my sellers not be present when prospects view the home.
- If anyone asks you about your price,etc. refer them to your real estate agent. After all that is why you hired a real estate agent to sell your Brevard County Florida home!
This is not an all inclusive list. It has been said many times, “stuff happens!'” The real estate world is no different so expect it!
If selling your Brevard County Florida home or condo is in your future, drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 321-693-3850 to discuss how a real estate professional can help.
Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Bucci Realty, working on an exclusive basis with Century 21 Baytree Realty.