The first question to answer is "What are you trying to accomplish?" If you are selling, you need an agent who works with sellers in your neighborhood (or area like Viera, for example). The same can be said for buying. Local knowledge is key whether buying or selling.
The next question is about experience. Let's face it...regardless of academic training accomplishments, real world experience means a lot. By experience I mean RESULTS.
This can be especially true if you are going to be involved with a short sale. Again this applies the same whether buying or selling.
I am not going to list all the questions you should ask but rather just leave you with these two rules about real estate agents.
- They are not all created equal.
- You get what you pay for.
Here are a few articles on how to choose a real estate agent.
- Choosing Your Real Estate Agent: One who is willing to tell you what you NEED to hear is more important than one who tells you
- Choosing Your Real Estate Agent: The Best Real Estate Agents Communicate Like Children what you WANT to hear!
- Finding a Real Estate Agent to Sell Your Home: It isn’t “How many properties have you listed?”
- Selling Your Brevard County Florida Home: Sellers want to know these things ....