Depending on circumstances there are reasons to sell now and reasons to delay. Some of these include...
- If you have a mortgage, what is the payoff?
- If you owe more than the net sale proceeds, how much cash will you be required to bring to the closing table?
- Is your situation one that requires a short sale? Short sales are not as numerous in Brevard County in 2014 but they are still a viable option for some sellers. What is a short sale?
- What is your time frame? Depending on your circumstances the time to find a buyer and close the transaction can be as short as a couple of weeks to six months or longer.
- Why are you selling? This is critical. I wrote about it several years ago its not your Realtor's job to...
- Will you sell it yourself (FSBO) or hire a real estate agent? The decision to go it alone or hire a real estate agent is critical.
First, your real estate agent should be very local. The geographical layout of Brevard County, Florida makes it difficult for a real estate agent to be a Palm Bay and Titusville local expert. As for me, I concentrate on central Brevard County including Viera, Suntree, Rockledge, Merritt Island, Cocoa and the Pineda area. [I refer to other agents if I am not comfortable with a client's area.]
Your local real estate agent should be able to:
- Tell you "the marketable price" [not the selling price] of your house or condo?
- Tell you what is happening in your neighborhood such as short sales, foreclosures,etc.
- Know how many houses or condos are on the market in your neighborhood.
- Know who your most likely buyer is and have a plan to market to that buyer pool.
- Tell you if your house “qualifies” for an open house. [Some properties and/or locations are just not open house material.]
- Make recommendations for preparing your house for marketing.
Call me at 321-693-3850 or send me an email.