Sunday, July 13, 2014

Know the risks....Use a Realtor®.

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/product-reviews/history/welcome-gh-seal
I received a call yesterday from a young lady asking about a rental property in Melbourne, Florida.

After much questioning I finally understood the situation.

She had found the property listed on "so and so dot com." 

She wanted to know if I had ever heard of the web site.  I had but had no opinion or experience  with this site.  She said she had called the landlord (owner?) about the property but wanted to check with me to see if it was a real listing before she gave them money.

Her concern was "There are so many scams on the Internet with real estate."

Her concerns made me wonder why people who know the risks still go down the path.    

No, I am not in charge of the Good Housekeeping seal.   I can't vouch for or recommend you deal with any specific individual.  I do know that Realtors® operate under a state license as real estate agents as well as a Code of Conduct.
 
As a consumer one must always proceed with caution and perform their due diligence.   Starting with the assistance of a Realtor® is step one.

If you are considering buying, selling or renting a house in Brevard County, Florida, choose a professional who will look out for your interests as step one.

Call me at 321-693-3850.  If you prefer, send me an email.