Friday, July 17, 2015

Changing Your Hard Drive...How Difficult Could That Be? Selling Your Home...How Difficult Could That Be?

Changing a hard drive?  How difficult could it be?

I got a warning message a few days ago that my hard drive on my office desktop was eventually going to fail  ( a S.M.A.R.T. error message).  After researching it a bit I found that I should be pro-active and order a new drive.

The Internet is a great thing. I found the drive I needed and checked with the computer maker (Dell).  Their price was high so I shopped around and ordered one from Best Buy.

Again I say the Internet is a great thing.  I searched for information about how to change a hard drive.  There were lots of articles from which to choose.  The advice was abundant

And it all really seemed so easy.

In the end I did change out the drive and clone my failing drive.  It took me about eight hours (seven to learn and about an hour to accomplish the task).

Was it really worth eight hours of my time?  Would I have been better off if I had  paid someone to do it for me?

This experience reminded me of some of the home sellers I met over the years who chose to go the for sale by owner (FSBO) route.

The Internet is a great thing.  They picked up all they needed to know from the Internet.  Some may have accomplished their goal.
 
And it all really seemed so easy.

But was it worth it?

Was their time really well spent?   Did their net results gain them more than if they had called on a professional.

Sometimes "because you can" may not be the best choice.

Considering selling your Viera, Florida home as a for sale by owner?  Call me for an analysis and advice.  It is free - even if you choose to go it alone!


agent@moving2brevard.com


Image courtesy of Sorapop at FreeDigitalPhotos.net