Saturday, June 30, 2012

Real Estate Agent Rebates and Discounts

Whether buying or selling real estate never forget the process is a business service.   The real estate agents working for the buyer and seller are in the real estate business to make a living.

This short article is aimed particularly at buyers.

Buyers who call me about buying a home in Viera (including the 55+ communities of Heritage Isle and Grand Isle) and Melbourne, Florida receive exceptional service from me.

Recently I spent many hours (and a couple of hundred miles) with an out of town buyer.  We found the house.  A week later after they had gone home they called and asked if I would rebate a portion of the seller paid commission to the buyer.  (Buyers are not charged anything for the buyer's real estate agent.)

I said no.  I explained my reasons for refusing.   The buyer opted to not purchase the house. 

Real estate agents are not wealthy - at least I am not.

I work hard - very often seven days a week.  I will put as much effort as possible to place a client's interests before my own and make sure the buyer is satisfied.

And in doing so I will earn every dollar paid by the seller.

When you list your Viera or Rockledge home for sale with me I will work very hard for you. 

But the difference here is your cost is negotiable based on property, location, circumstances and a few other variables.  Some repeat clients are offered discounts.  Sellers who later buy a house can receive special consideration as well.