Saturday, June 9, 2012

Buying a Home in Florida - Real or just "orange juice in the veins."


Although in this age of navigation systems and smart phones it is done less often, people still occasionally will ask for directions.

I must admit that in the days before navigation system I rarely asked for directions and would rather search.  Perhaps it was as if asking for directions was a sign of defeat.

As a real estate agent I often get calls from people who asking a lot of questions about Brevard County.  I try to give directions to local landmarks and specific areas where homes are for sale that match the description they provided.  I will even provide a map to assist if they come by my office.

In my early days in real estate I found myself providing all day tours of Brevard County, Florida to prospective buyers.
Many of these "thinking about buying a house in Florida" folks suffered from a condition I have coined "orange juice in the veins."   The symptoms are pretty obvious - an intense desire, primarily during the most extreme winters in the northern U.S., to buy a house or condo in Florida.

Brevard County, Florida is about 80 miles north to south and maybe 10-20 miles or so east to west.  There are four distinct areas, in my opinion, rural north, densely populated southern, newer central, and the sought after beach side.  That is a lot of square miles to see.

Moving to Brevard County, Florida - Quick Facts - extracted from 2010 census data.


If you are considering moving to Brevard County, Florida, give me a call or send me an email.  I will be very happy to answer your questions and send you listings.


And, if you are serious about buying a house or condo in Florida, I would welcome a chance to work with you.