Monday, June 24, 2013

Why do I need a real estate agent to sell my home?

We know there is more to the selling a house than putting a sign up and depositing a check.  But many sellers fail to understand all that is involved.  Often these are the homeowners who decide to take the For Sale By Owner challenge.

Some who have sold a home using a knowledgeable real estate professional may not even realize all that is involved in a sale such as preparation, pricing, promotion, presentation to prospective buyers, negotiations, written offers/counteroffers, deadlines, inspections and more.
 
I have heard some agents say Realtors® save sellers all the the stress of what goes into a transaction which is not always a good thing.   Some agents believe they must seller every minute detail of what they do.  Maybe they see this as a way to justify their real estate fee.

I don't believe my customers want to know all that I do.  Sure I believe in communicating and providing updates but not every time I do something to market their home.

I believe sellers want one thing - a sale where they receive the most money possible for their home in a time that meets their goals with as little stress and disruption as possible.

I am alright with my seller clients who after closing think I did not have to work all that hard.  Because in those cases I know the transaction satisfied their needs and the process was "uneventful" from their view.

To get the most money possible with little stress and disruption to your daily life shows you had a professional real estate agent.

If you are considering selling your Brevard County, Florida home, give me a call for a free evaluation and market analysis.

Hire a professional, get professional results.  Pretty simple.