One of the most over used questions when choosing a real estate agent is this one - "How long have you been a real estate agent?"
Why is this not the best question?
Length of licensure is a lessor concern. What comes to mind if you hear a doctor saying "Been in medicine for fifty years." If they are practicing medicine as they did in 1960 then there may be an issue.
Sometimes "How long?" becomes a focus when the real focus should be "How successful?"
Keeping a real estate license current in the state of Florida, after initial licensing, is a matter of taking the required continuing education courses and paying a fee every two years. Why don't they add some type of verifiable experience?
When it is time to choose your real estate agent, follow these links to articles you may want to consider.
- Selecting your real estate agent by asking the right questions.
- Why do you ask all these questions?
- The best real estate agent can communicate like a child.
- Choose a real estate agent who understands it is all about you!
- Selling your home should not become your life!