Monday, December 16, 2013

Selling Your Home: Tricks of the Trade or Misleading?

Are they misleading or just marketing tools?

I noticed a house for sale in my area.  I saw the sign up out front.  Then I noticed the MLS listing about a week later.   This happen at times when the listing agent buys some time just in case they get a buyer call before any other agent.  This "trick" is not fair to a seller.   

I recently read an MLS entry for a three bedroom two bath home however the remarks said "can be converted back to a three bedroom."  Apparently a wall was removed and a conversion had taken place.  So it was really a two bedroom house.

The above is very similar to the five bedroom listing that is really an office that "could be used as a fifth bedroom." 

Or the MLS entry that states "new appliances" or "new roof"  but is actually five or six years old. I guess it all depends on your definition of "new."

So is it misleading or just marketing tools?   It a deliberate misrepresentation and wrong.  How is it different than a used car "owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sunday?" 

Read more about selling your Viera, Florida home.

agent@moving2brevard.com