Thursday, April 10, 2008

Relocating to Brevard County Florida

I received an email from someone today who is considering moving to Brevard County, Florida. Specifically, the sender was asking me about which areas "they should stay away from." I would like to think the sender's inquiry was an innocent question.

Ethically, Realtors can not direct anyone to or away from any specific areas. This is called "steering" and it is illegal.

My response was "I can't direct anyone to or away from any particular area."

If someone wants to know about crime in a particular area, I refer them to the local law enforcement organization. If anyone wants to know about the schools I tell them the information that is publicly available and refer them to the Brevard County School Board web site. If someone wants to know about a particular neighborhood, I ask them to drive around. Further, I recommend they ask questions of folks they see out and about in the area.

If someone is new to the area I recommend they drive around and decide which areas they like and dislike. I recommend they check the commuting distance to schools, work, colleges, shopping, the beaches...and the golf course!

If you are moving to Brevard County I would be happy to provide you with general information and listings. Please call me at 321-255-2600 or email me at agent@moving2brevard.com .

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Melbourne, Florida.

No comments: