Sunday, April 18, 2010

The House is Nice But the View is Better...Pricing the View?

I did a Broker Price Opinion (an opinion of value for a lender) on a house in a local gated community recently.  Since it is not my listing I can not "advertise" it on here but I am a real estate agent so I can show you similar houses in the same Viera development!

This house was located in a gated community in one of the areas most popular communities - Viera.  This house was located on one of the best lots in the neighborhood, on very nice lake overlooking a beautiful golf course!  The house was like many others - nice. 

But still it was the view that made the house so attractive.

It got me to thinking about how often the buyers I work with in Baytree, Suntree and Viera want to compare the houses they see without giving a great deal of consideration to the location. 

Comparing apples to apples it is acceptable but then the location must be considered.  Look beyond the structure and see where it is sitting when you consider making the purchase! 

And sellers, remember your location can make a difference - either good or bad!  The same house backing to the Interstate 95 corridor which splits Viera is not the same as the exact house a short walk from Manatee Elementary!

Considering buying or selling a house or condo in Viera, Suntree or Rockledge, Florida? Give me a chance to be your Realtor of Choice in Brevard County, Florida.  Call me at 321-693-3850 or email me.

©Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida.