Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Is this the Best Time to Buy a House?

It seems that not a month goes by when I don't receive a mailer from the local car dealer that services my vehicle.  Seems they think it is the right time for me to trade in my car for a new one.   But I am not ready to buy a new car.   There is only one reason it is the best time for me to buy - they are selling cars!

As one who sells real estate estate in Melbourne, Florida, I am always seeking out people for whom it is the right time to buy or sell their Melbouren, Florida home.  That is the nature of the business.

Still, I understand that for all most it is not the best time to buy a house.

People buy a house or condo when the circumstances and motivations are right for them.  Usually its because they desire to become home owners and not renters.   The motivatuion may be to put down firm roots.  The desire may be to no longer move.  It is those prospective Melbourne, Florida home buyers I seek to help. 

If the motivation is already there but some doubt remains consider these reasons to move buy a house now. 
  • Interest Rates.  They remain low, for now.  A rise of 1% in interest rates can make a tremendous difference in total payments (principal, interest, tax, insurance) .   And that increase in mortgage payment can cause a buyers ability to purchase to be lowered as mortgage
    approval amounts could decrease depending on total income, credit scores and other factors.   
  • Home Sales Prices are increasing.  Price is simply a reflection of supply and demand.
  • Rental Rates are increasing.   Just as home prices are rising so are rental prices in Brevard County, Florida as well.  And rental rates rarely ever go down so you should expect to be paying more next year!
If the motivation and ability to purchase is there, then this is the right time to buy a home in Melbourne, Florida. 

If one is considering moving up to a larger home now or even downsizing this is likely a good time to sell and buy.

I am not my car dealer.   You will not receive a mailer from Waters Realty of Brevard telling you it is time to buy a home in Melbourne, Florida.  You will not find a mailer or email from Waters Realty of Brevard telling you it is time to sell your Viera, Florida home.  

Why?  Because only you really know when the time is right buyer or sell a home in Florida.

If your circumstances, motivation and goals are pointing you toward buying a home in Florida I want to help you.  

Please call me at 321-693-3850 or send me an email.


Image courtesy of renjith krishnan at FreeDigitalPhotos.net