Monday, November 16, 2009

Cheap paint jobs and limitations - Preparing your house for sale!

While walking my dog this morning I cut across the parking lot of a nearby apartment complex. I noticed one of the cars had peeling paint. Where it was not peeling there were bubbles of air underneath paint!

This may have been a cheap paint job or just evidence of poor preparation or poor execution - not desirable.

Just because something is cheap does not mean it has to look bad. I remember years ago with my old 1974 VW Beetle I worked exhaustively to re-build and restore that car.

When it came time for the paint job I had an inexpensive paint job done but I did the prep work myself because I knew what I was getting for the money.

Sometimes when showing houses in Rockledge and Viera Florida we run across definite signs of " poor preparation or poor execution."

Although it is not always a bad paint job the conditions all have the same thing in common - cutting corners, only doing what "will be seen," or where the seller has watched too many do it yourself television programs!

When preparing your home for the market it is critical to remember your limitations. Better, when doing any DIY job , remember your limitations so you have no......

Gary L. Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida serving Florida's Space Coast including the cities and communities of Melbourne, Viera, Rockledge, Suntree, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach and the surrounding region. Whether your interest lies in a 55+ community, a golf course community or water front, give me a call!