Sunday, November 22, 2009

Not too hot, Not too cold...just....

I have seen MLS entries that had the comment added "All Reasonable Offers Considered."

Now what are they really trying to say?

  • Does this statement really mean "I am desperate, please buy my house?"
  • Does it say "I know my house is over priced so you decide the price and make me an offer?"
I heard a politician make a comment this morning that the opposition was not being reasonable. Politicians sometimes confuse me.

Webster back in 1913 "Not excessive or immoderate; within due limits; proper; as, a reasonable demand, amount, price. [1913 Webster]"

I know that in the past 96 years or so the English language has changed a bit? However, reasonable should mean the same thing.


As a seller your list price should be saying "Make me an offer - not too excessive or immoderate." (Why not too excessive? Unless it is a cash deal it must appraise at the purchase price!)

I wonder if Goldilocks had used the same reasoning the story would have read "not too hot, not too cold, just reasonable"


Gary L. Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida serving Florida's Space Coast including the cities and communities of Melbourne, Viera, Rockledge, Suntree, Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach and the surrounding region. Whether your interest lies in a 55+ community in Viera, a golf course community like Baytree Golf Course or water front, give me a call at 321-693-3850 or email me at agent@moving2brevard.com.