Sellers are living beings not frozen in time waiting for the buyer to show up. Coming and going, work, school, youth sporting events and whatever still happens. So keeping your home showroom ready at all times can be a challenge if not really impossible.
As a seller's real estate agent I am a realist. I do not expect a showroom perfect home. I have an expectation of my seller clients doing the little hings to not distract prospective buyers. What are some these things a seller can do to aid in selling their home?
- Consider a pre-listing home inspection. If your home is more than a few years old, I always recommend a pre-listing home inspection.
- Remember the two rooms buyers focus on when looking for a new home. The kitchen and bathrooms are two of the critical features that influence buyers when shopping for a new home.
- Protect yourself. Don't forget safety and security.
- Make sure you are showing only your home. Too much furniture makes a house look cluttered and small. People don't stand around in amazement impressed by a rooms capacity.
- Take down some of your pictures and diplomas. Lots of family pictures, may again distract from the properties positive characteristics.
- Remember the exterior of your home. You only get about ten seconds to impress. You either grab the prospects attention right away or it becomes an uphill battle once inside your house. Look at the paint, lawn and flower beds. The front door needs to be clean and inviting.
- Selling your home is all about the "senses" including smell. Preparing your home for the market is hard work.
You can sell your house and live in it as well. The good news is most buyers understand this as well - within reason.
So when you get ready to sell your Viera or Melbourne, Florida home, call me for a free market analysis. Want advice on getting it ready to sell, call me.
Finally, I want to be your Realtor® of Choice when you sell your Melbourne, Florida home.