Thursday, February 19, 2009

A bachelor Pad may be nice … if you are not selling!

I was reading a report today that said “single women earn 13% less than single males but they purchase twice as many homes.*”

St Patricks Day Thirst This got me to thinking about some of the houses I have shown over the past. Many of these were not decorated – OK, some were decorated in the “frat house 2000 – revisited” style.

I remember one house I showed to a mature couple. We went in the front door…no furniture to be seen except for mattresses on the floor. Only thing in the refrigerator – beer.

Now to the master bath, in the garden tub – a nicely staged pet turtle with a mound of rocks as a resting place! How sweet!

And then there was the women’s lingerie strewn all over the place.

Oh yeah, a very nice framed diploma on the wall from one of the premier universities of our country. But – it was not very appealing for a new (less than a year old) house! My clients moved on and bought elsewhere!

Selling in today’s market requires differentiation – in a positive way! And the purchaser may very well be a single women, not a frat brother!

If you are considering buying or selling in Viera, Suntree, Rockledge or any Brevard County Florida area, call me. I would welcome a chance to discuss how I can assist you in your marketing effort.

Gary Waters, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge Florida, phone directly at 321-693-3850 or email me at agent@moving2brevard.com.

Please read my other blogs at www.gwatersc21.activerain.com and www.moving2brevard.blogspot.com

*White Paper What you Need to Know About First-Time Home Buyers (2008 NAR Survey Results) by ApartmentToolKit.com