Monday, February 23, 2009

Foreclosure filings down in Brevard County - that’s bad?

Reading the Florida Today newspaper a couple of days ago I was a little surprised by one article about how the Brevard County Clerk of Court’s office is looking at possible furloughs and closures due to budget problems.

The smaller print under the larger title identified the real culprit - “Foreclosure dip hurts revenue.

I saw on the news a few weeks ago that the Orlando Utilities Commission was discussing raising fees – conservation has cost them the revenue needed to continue normal operations. I heard the toll road authority in the Orlando area was discussing raising tolls to combat lower traffic on toll roads.

Stretching the dollar is a challenge for all of us. If you are looking to sell your Viera or Rockledge home, please give me a call to discuss how I can market your home. If you are a buyer in the Viera and Rockledge area, call me. Remember, buyers do not pay the real estate agent - sellers do.

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida. Call me (direct 321-693-3850) to assist you with the purchase or sale of residential real estate in Brevard County, Florida.


No comments: