Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Babies are cute…not houses!

I saw another new listing today with my least favorite narrative descriptors – cute house! I was a cute baby! [I was told this many times!] OK, that may be is a bit of a stretch.

A few other comments that are…well, you tell me.

  • ALL OFFERS WILL BE CONSIDERED. Duh…in this market, this is not a secret.
  • Home includes the Lot. If it is not an RV, then this is another common assumption.
  • This is NOT a short sale. This price is so good we must have an explanation!
  • HOME COULD BE REALLY NICE WITH SOME WORK! Let’s see…you mean it ain’t so nice in its present condition?
  • The owner purchased this home and put $20k plus in upgrades. His loss is your gain? Many upgrades are not really enticing to buyers...not a big return on the investment here!
  • The half bath is pool-ready. Does that mean it has a really big bath tub?

Most of these are innocent comments. And, besides, the real estate agent has to write something. Of course, I always figured that “great price, must see” works for them all!


This post was written a little tongue in cheek. The real estate market encompasses many emotions - humor, joy, sadness, disappointment. Today I choose humor!

If I am selling your Viera home, I will avoid humor - until we have it sold, I promise! Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida.

Read my other blogs at www.gwatersc21.activerain.com and www.moving2brevard.blogspot.com.