Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Expired listings in Viera and Suntree, Florida...

As a real estate agent working primarily in Viera, Suntree, Rockledge and other areas of central Brevard County, Florida, this morning I was reviewing my day's plans.

Selling real estate is more than just waiting for the phone to ring - got to get out and see my "peeps!" err...prospects [OK, peeps may be a bit informal]. One of the processes I do routinely is review those darned expired listings.

I do not contact sellers who have an active listing/relationship with another real estate agent. However, once the listing has expired I do attempt contact - unless the property is so overpriced the seriousness of the seller is questionable.

I always ask the same thing - why did your property not sell during your listing period? When I do get an answer it always seem to point away from the real issue.

What is the usual response?

  • Its the market.
  • Its the wrong time of the year.
  • Its the problem with people getting mortgages.
  • Its my agent - they did not ______(fill in).
  • Its the short sales.
  • Its the whatever....yadda..yadda..yadda...

I will admit there may be a wee bit of validity to some of those responses but in the end it did not sell because of its...

  • Price.
  • Location.
  • Condition.

If you have considering selling your Viera and Suntree property please give me a call. I will gladly provide information and answer your questions about the market and the process. If a short sale is something you are considering, I can help with these as well.

Gary Waters, Florida licensed real estate agent, Century 21 Baytree Realty, Rockledge, Florida. Call me directly at 321-693-3850 or email me at agent@moving2brevard.com.

Please read my blogs at www.moving2brevard.com and at www.activerain.com/blogs/gwatersc21.

No comments: